We are soon approaching the final commitment to contract with the "Tamo" for a reunion of the SHS Classes of 1968, '69, '70, '71 from 5:00 pm to 11:00 pm on Saturday, October 1, 2022. Here's an overview of the facility:
- 36,000 sq ft indoor facility - indoor, newly applied artificial turf soccer stadium
- 6 hours (1/2 day); the entire facility will be ours
- no outside alcohol - We are contracting for a cash bar at the event
- food trucks will supply those that are interested, with "just out the door" access; We can bring our own coolers with food/soft drinks if desired
- 8' round tables $9.50 ea; chairs $1.00 ea - (so, for example $17.50 to "sponsor" a table). We plan to need approximately 30-40 tables (not everybody will be sitting)
- They will arrange for set up and break down, and provide cleanup
- They have audiovisual and entertainment capabilities (The Reunion Band is planning a performance)
- We plan to ask for $10/person at the door to help offset expenses, and will contribute all the remaining funds to the SHS Scholarship Fund.
I'm pleased to announce that 1969 Graduate, Debbie Kovacs has so very graciously offered her skills to create a "SHS Combined Reunion" account so that contributions can be sent to her address for deposit and subsequent payments for the venue and needs. The account is not yet ready for active use, but should be within the next few weeks. A general announcement will be sent and shared when the account is active.
The planning committee estimates an attendance of around 350+ (graduates + significant others). We will encourage smaller get-togethers of friends at homes, restaurants, or other venues if desired before the event, but this is up to individual choice. We strongly encourage a grand but casual mixer at the Tamo starting around 5:00-5:30 for all our classmates to mingle. There is no structured "program" per se. We have plenty of space and time for fresh ideas.
The Planning Committee Members are excited for this event, and anticipate an evening of fun and memories. Please share this email with our friends and classmates! I encourage communication among you, and invite you to share your thoughts.
Looking forward to seeing all of you! GO CATS!
Terry Barber, Sr.